Prohibition PR identified Record Store Day 2014 as a key window in which music lovers come together to celebrate all things music. The agency kicked off a nationwide search for the country’s best independent record shop, via a Facebook app. The shortlisted shops had to declare how they’d spend the prize money, with suggestions ranging from street parties, to free pies for customers. All activity was supported with media relations and extensive influencer outreach.
The awards grabbed the public’s attention, with more than 500 nominations for 50 different record stores. Audio-Technica’s Facebook community grew by more than 31%, while engagement rose by 97%. Extensive media coverage was generated including BBC radio, The Independent, The Portsmouth News, and Bloomberg, with a total audience reach of 53m. The winning shop – Pie & Vinyl – held a street party with free pie and vinyl for its customers!
- PROHIBITION BRINGS THE GIFT OF GIVING TO LIFE IN GOLDSMITHS CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN - November 19, 2018
- A video Introduction to Leeds Content Marketing Agency Prohibition - October 18, 2018
- PR Account Manager Leeds Job Vacancy - July 9, 2018
- Seven Ways to Get a Job In PR, Even with No Experience - July 3, 2018
- Community management – why social media has to be more than just posting - July 1, 2018
- Is Facebook about to kill organic reach for brand pages? - December 22, 2017
- Prohibition wins the CIPR’s Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy 2017-18 - December 4, 2017
- Leeds PR Agency is looking for a PR Executive – is it you? - April 17, 2017
- Live stream revolution: Twitter embeds periscope – what will it mean? - January 3, 2017
- A new social media timeline for 2017 - November 8, 2016