Social listening does more than just provide social media monitoring and analytics, it discovers the hottest topics in your industry, helps you to find new customers, and allows you to better understand those that you currently serve.
Our social media listening services analyse search trends and conversations from a wide range of media platforms; forums, news articles, podcasts and review sites, as well as your own and your competitors’ social media channels.
Due to the sheer volume of content social media listening analyses, social listening enables you to –
Drive long-term engagement & growth
Do you really know if your advertising campaigns are paying off? The key to creating engaging content is understanding what your audience is engaging with – which social media listening data provides.
This can also support your wider campaigns, by reporting on the success of your general marketing activity to drive new leads; allowing you to better understand if your audience finds whitepapers insightful, enjoy the topics of podcasts, or if they are just simply amazed by your OOH advertisements.
Frequently engaging and responding to your audience through community management is the best way to keep them part of your community. We want you to get the best from your social media strategy and wider marketing activity – and our social listening services will do the work for you.
Better understand your customers
Social listening provides audience insights such as trending keywords, highly discussed conversations, and even the most used emojis.
We can better understand if the content you’re producing is actually resonating with your own audience, especially through the sentiment analysis tool, which measures if the tone of the conversation is negative or positive.
We can also take this a step further and monitor data from certain age groups, genders or locations. Due to the sheer volume of demographic information the tool possesses, we can identify how to better engage with your customers and acquire new ones, whether that’s on a more local or international basis.
Be at the forefront of the conversation
In a congested market, it can be hard to stand out. Being reactive to topical trends can expose your brand to millions more consumers, but keeping up with what’s trending on TikTok can be a job in itself.
This is the value of social listening tools; we can spot trends early or a breakout in a topic and create content that puts your brand at the centre of the viral conversation – for the right reasons.
Stay ahead of your competitors
For extra visibility, we can track mentions of your brand and your competitors to give you a distinct advantage in the market.
By analysing the competition online, we can see the performance of their campaigns, their online activity, and customers’ reactions to their products and service offering.
Social media listening can even analyse trends in specific industries and respond back with content that’s undoubtedly going to engage with their target audience.
Prevent a PR disaster from happening
With social listening, we can spot a potential PR disaster in advance and rectify it – all in real-time.
Through spikes in conversations, hashtags, and sentiment analyses we can also help you to recall a product or delete a customer response – before it’s too late.
Find brand partnerships
By uncovering trending content from a particular group of audiences, social listening can help you to find new influencers or even-brand advocates.
The key to finding the perfect influencer is identifying how they are relevant to your business – which social listening tools do through trending content – without the need for multiple third-party tools.
What tools does social listening use?
At Prohibition, we use a leading social listening tool, Meltwater. We can also pair this with our Social 360, which uses a greater number of tools to give you more clarity on your social media and wider strategy performance.
Brands That Trust Us For Social Media
How can Prohibition help?
If you need further proof, for Black Sheep Brewery, we conducted detailed research, social media listening, and persona analysis amongst their target audience to understand their preferred platform usage, as well as broader behaviours and preferences. Having identified a growing trend for unusual pop-up bars and restaurants – we launched a pop-up bar situated in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, with only one beer on tap – Respire.
Not only is it a PR moment award-nominated campaign, but 85% of engagements via social media came from a “non-core” cask audience and 75% of media coverage sat within core “non-cask” demographic. So, believe us when we say we can listen, and we can respond!
One of the North’s Leading PR & Social Media Agencies
We’re PRCA’s Medium Sized Agency of 2022 and winner of CIPR’s ‘Best Use of Digital and Social Media’ award, we’ve been running social listening analysis for brands on-the-regular for the past 10 years. So, you can trust we’ll provide accurate and relevant insights!
And not only that, we’re an integrated agency, so we can use social listening as part of our integrated process to give you greater transparency across a number of your marketing strategies; paid advertising, creative, PR, and comms. Contact us today!
Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing StrategyRead more
- Social Media TrainingRead more
- Influencer Marketing Read more
- Content Marketing Read more
- Social Media Marketing Read more
- Social Content CreationRead more
- Social Listening Read more
- Paid Social Media Advertising Read more
- Business to Business (B2B)Read more
- B2B Social Media Marketing Read more
- Persona MarketingRead more
- TikTok MarketingRead more
Our Social Listening Work
What is social listening?
Social listening involves monitoring not just your own social media accounts but also mentions of your brand or industry across the entire web. This includes blogs, news sites, forums, and other online communities.
Why is social listening important?
How can social listening help my marketing strategy?
- Understand Your Audience: Social listening allows you to learn more about your audience’s interests, behaviors, and preferences. By analysing what they’re saying on social media, you can identify patterns and trends that can inform your marketing strategy.
- Monitor Competition: Social listening also gives you insights into what your competitors are doing and how they’re perceived by their audience. This information can help you adjust your own strategy to stay competitive and differentiate yourself in the market.
- Identify Opportunities: By monitoring conversations on social media, you may uncover new opportunities for your brand. For example, if you notice a lot of people complaining about a particular product or service in your industry, you could create a campaign that addresses these pain points.
- Crisis Management: Social listening can also be valuable in managing a crisis situation. By monitoring social media channels, you can quickly identify negative sentiment towards your brand and take action to mitigate the damage.
- Measure Campaign Effectiveness: Finally, social listening can help you measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. By tracking conversations related to your campaign, you can assess how well it’s resonating with your audience and make adjustments as needed.