What is brand reputation management
A brand’s reputation can be described as how the general public perceives your organisation. Your reputation as a brand reflects the level of trust your target market has in you.
Online Brand reputation management refers to a strategic approach that helps organisations manage their brands to achieve desired business outcomes. This is a crucial component of digital transformation, as it allows organisations to create positive customer experiences while also building trust and loyalty.
Online Brand Reputation Management is used to help build relationships with customers and increase sales conversions. It can also improve the quality of leads generated by marketing campaigns or prevent negative publicity from impacting your company’s bottom line. Online Brand Reputation Management is now one of the most important tools for business today.
Why You Need It
With the advent of online reviews, social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc., managing your reputation has become an all-encompassing affair that businesses can no longer ignore.
These platforms are used to share information about your company or brand on an individual level and a global scale. The problem arises when negative content gets posted about your organisation that could potentially damage its image, e.g. a customer publishes an angry review for the whole internet to see. Or a less-than-flattering media story spreads far beyond what you expected.
That’s where online reputation management comes in.
Prohibition PR provides the best in online reputation management services, including social media monitoring and response. We have helped companies of all sizes improve their reputations by identifying problems before they become serious issues. Our team has been trained to respond quickly to any situation that may arise on the web so you can focus on running your business instead of worrying about what people are saying about you online.
How does it work?
Online Brand Reputation Management (ORM) is a fast-paced and ever-changing field; it works through three primary channels:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Public Relations (PR)
Whilst each of the above is a distinct specialisation, they overlap and can work together to maintain and improve the perception of your company.
SEO: Unlike traditional SEO, where the objective is to rank your website for keywords related to your product, brand or services, SEO/ORM involves pushing pages containing negative sentiment below the third or fourth page (out of sight/out of mind), using SEO techniques to rank as many as 40+ pages or creating new pages on a high authority domain to achieve the same result.
SMM: Focuses on professional management of social media profiles where users are more likely to interact with your brand/content marketing efforts. Social Media Marketing/Management involves:
- Social listening.
- Steering users to positive content.
- Responding to online criticism or negative reviews
- Fostering communities of brand advocates/brand ambassadors.
These are vital components required to maintain a positive reputation and drive sales/revenue for your organisation.
PR: Although ORM and PR are not the same, the two work together to achieve optimal results.
Public relations campaigns are designed to achieve a specific goal by utilising different strategies, tactics, and activities. They focus on long-term objectives and can occur in tandem with ORM campaigns. PR activities range from media relations engaging with the press, publications, crisis management, online PR using content marketing and social media marketing. PR is about raising awareness and getting your brand to appear overtly in the spotlight.
ORM campaigns, by contrast, occur behind the scenes due to their contentious and often controversial nature; counterintuitively, PR is not just about getting your company in the news; It’s also about making sure you stay out of it when desirable.
You can’t afford to risk your reputation on the wrong communications strategy. You need Brand Reputation Management that is not only effective but also discreet and trustworthy.
While you can’t control everything that’s said about your company on social media, you have the power to manage what is seen.
Take back control of your brand by partnering with the reputation management experts at Prohibition. We will help you craft bespoke campaigns that stay under the radar while delivering results for years to come.
What are the benefits of Online Brand Reputation Management?
Google has always been an unbiased search engine when filtering for information; their algorithms factor how popular a topic is relative to other subjects instead of whether the content is positive or negative towards an individual, organisation or brand.
Controlling your online presence allows you to create the best possible impression of your business, brand or senior figures. The immediate benefits include:
- Brand awareness – The ability to create positive associations between consumers and a product/service.
- Consumer perception – How people view your products and services relative to competitors’ offerings.
- Profit – companies with higher star ratings, reviews and positive content and PR get more business.
- Talent – brands with positive reputations attract better employees.
- Customer satisfaction – A measure of how well customers are satisfied by a particular brand, service or experience can drive improvements, ultimately leading to improved reput
- Product quality – Consumers’ perceptions about whether they will be happy with the performance of a given product over time.
- Market trends – Identify and act upon market trends before your competitors do
Prohibition will help you understand how your brand is positioned, how it is perceived in the market relative to your competitors, how your brand and your industry are discussed online, and what makes your customers tick in terms of their needs, interests, and perceptions.
Using enterprise-class insights tools and artificial intelligence, “Prohibition Insight” provides a solid strategic foundation. It is a must-have for any business looking to get their strategy fit for the future.
Monitor the conversations about your brand online.
Brand reputation management starts with brand monitoring. The first step towards building a strong brand reputation is understanding how people talk about your brand online.
To respond appropriately to online mentions, our ORM team must be aware of any online conversations/negative sentiment about your company, product or services online.
The Prohibition Insight platform provides real-time monitoring and alerts for mentions of your brand. This allows us to react quickly to online mentions to protect your reputation.
- Reviews – whether they’re positive or negative.
- Comments – from clients, customers, colleagues, competitors, etc.
- News articles – traditional media, online or broadcast.
- Online forums – discussion boards, Q&As, chat rooms, etc.
- Blogs – personal, professional, corporate, etc.
- Social networks – Facebook, Twitter
Your competitors are likely monitoring their online reputations, as well as yours, and using the information uncovered to improve their marketing and business operations.
You can find out where you have a competitive advantage and what you should be promoting in your marketing materials by monitoring online reviews for your own business and those of your competitors.
Prohibition will monitor your competitors’ reputation and online presence and can quickly identify/feedback opportunities for improvement and growth.
You can use this information to make informed decisions about how best to promote your business.
Brands That Trust Us
Attention to Detail
Building and maintaining an organisation’s online reputation requires attention to detail, patience and constant vigilance.
You’ve invested a lot of time and money into building your business. Now it’s time to invest in protecting it. We can help with that. Our team is made up of experts.
It doesn’t matter if you’re starting or have been around for years; Prohibition will work with you on an individual basis so that we can tailor our services to suit the needs of your company’s specific situation.
Yes, you can contact us via phone for a free, no obligation quote. Our service is guaranteed to be hassle-free, cost effective, and at your convenience.
Building your bespoke Online Brand Reputation Management Campaign
Once we have gathered information about how others perceive your company, it’s time to establish an online reputation management strategy.
If you want to focus on running your business instead of worrying about what people are saying about you online. Let us handle all the heavy lifting for you! Our team is ready to take care of everything from start to finish, including:
- PR / Crisis Management / Media Relations
- Social Listening
- Competitor Analysis
- Content Marketing
- Owned Media
- Earned Media
- Shared Media
- Paid Media
- Review Management
- Social Media Management/Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Content Removal
We know how important it is to have someone on your side who understands what you’re going through and can provide personalised attention when needed. We know how to get results, and we have the track record to prove it.
Contact us today for more information about how we can help protect and grow your business!
- Public Relations (PR)Read more
- Business to Business (B2B) PRRead more
- Luxury PRRead more
- PR Crisis ManagementRead more
- Corporate PR & CommunicationsRead more
- Media TrainingRead more
- Media Relations CampaignsRead more
- The Good and the Bad: A look back at Julys PR campaigns
- Online Reputation Management Services for Businesses
- Online Brand Reputation Management Services
- Online Reputation Management Services for Individuals, CEO’s & Celebrities
- The Good and the Bad: A look back at Junes PR campaigns
- Online Reputation Management Services
- Monthly wrap-up: All of June’s highlights
- The Good and the Bad: A look back at Mays PR campaigns
- The Good and the Bad: A look back at Aprils PR campaigns
- The Good and the Bad: a Look Back at PR campaigns that Launched in March
- Monthly wrap-up: A throwback to March with team PPR
- The good and bad: A look at all the PR campaigns in February
- The good and the bad: a look back at PR campaigns that launched in January
- 16 Reasons You Should Hire a PR Company
- Prohibition Announces Northern Powerhouse Partnership