Training for crisis management – What you need to know
A PR or social media disaster can be detrimental to your brand, and can affect trust in your business. That’s why it’s always better to plan for a PR crisis, so if and when it happens you can mitigate the damage as much as possible.
Did you know that less than 45% of PR professionals have a crisis communication plan? Our experienced trainers have over 10+ years of experience, helping many brands master their crisis comms on a local and international level. Including Exemplar, Interflora, Stonebridge Homes, as well as local government organisations and high net worth individuals.
Intro to our crisis management training
Our crisis management training is done over a number of stages, and can be delivered virtually, or face to face. Our experts will take you through a planning session with key stakeholders in your business, which is followed by a bespoke crisis management plan.
Why do brands need to invest in professional crisis management training?
There are 5 billion online users in the world today, and in today’s digital era, negative comments and reviews can impact your brands online reputation.
And the damage isn’t just done online as word-of-mouth recommendations still play a massive part in purchase decisions with 77% of consumers more likely to buy a product if their friends recommended it. And 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Any crisis situation can lead to:
Investing in professional crisis management training means you secure your reputation and conduct a thorough risk management assessment which is vital to confidently dealing with any potential crisis.
Who is the training for?
This is for in-house marketing or communications teams who want to not only better their professional development but confidently want to be able to manage a crisis at their company.
Crises can come in all shapes and sizes, so it’s better for all your team to be prepared, which we do through group-based workshops and training sessions.
Upon successful completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Effectively communicate
- Prolong business continuity
- Implement a crisis management plan
- Spot potential crisis situations
- Develop confidence in dealing with crises
- Implement strategies to deal with a crises across different channels
Free marketing and crisis management events
If you’re unable to facilitate training for your team, then we also run free webinars on how to handle your company communication across a range of channels.
Over the years we’ve had thousands of marketers and specialists attend our events – which are sold out regularly Many of which are also available on demand, so you can pick the most convenient time.
Our crisis management services
- A crisis plan with traditional PR and social media support
- Crisis management training and playbook, including how to handle situations and exercises
- Social media listening, allowing us to track real-time negative sentiment – we look at what conversations are happening, and on what channels
We also carry out our Crisis Management services in a range of options –
Crisis Management Project
One day workshop onsite with key staff to understand the crisis, what is currently happening and what could potentially happen.
Brand Reputation Monthly Retainer
A brand reputation retainer will assess the ongoing impact of any crisis, and will include preparing statements and liasing with journalists. This would also include proactive press office management to push out positive stories and help rebuild trust.
Online Reputation Audit
An all-in-one strategy audit, listening and insight package, helping you comprehensively understand your brand’s online reputation in the market relation to your competitors and what your next 12 month strategy should be.
Some of our crisis management work:
- We monitored for negative comments and provided recommendations for how to respond.
- Delivered a crisis management training session with the marketing and sales team.
- Produced a social media crisis management playbook, which was included in their crisis manual.
- Interflora briefed Prohibition because it had a serious media issue.
- Every Mother’s Day – A major UK news publication would go through social media and find customer complaints and contact them directly. The journalist would then publish a double page spread on how they were failing customers.
- Prohibition trained the client’s in-house team and advised them to fight fire with positivity.
Exemplar Health Care
- We continue to work with Exemplar to monitor any ongoing issues within the local, regional and trade press for any reputational or potential crisis issues.
- After an initial audit, we prepared a crisis process and plan for the company and drafted press-ready statements.
Our training is trusted by the CIPR, and you’re in good company, we’ve trained 100s of brands over the years for comms training and many others already trust us for our crisis management services!
And when comms plays a pivotal role in how your brand is perceived, you want to hire training professionals that are well-and-truly experts. You’ve come to the right place, we’re a leading comms agency! With over 30 CIPR (Chartered Institute of PR) awards, including Corporate and Business Communications Campaign of the Year and we’re also PRCA’s Medium Sized Agency of the Year. So, you can count on us to deliver effective crisis management training that gives you the ability to navigate through a crisis!
- https://prohibitionpr.co.uk/public-relations/communications-training/Communications TrainingRead more
- https://prohibitionpr.co.uk/digital-marketing/online-reputation-management/training-for-crisis-management/Crisis Management TrainingRead more
- https://prohibitionpr.co.uk/digital-marketing/social-media/social-media-training/Social Media TrainingRead more
- https://prohibitionpr.co.uk/public-relations/media-training/Media Training Read more
Our Latest Work
What is crisis management?
What’s a crisis management plan?
When might a crisis occur?
A strong and immediate response is crucial to limit the damage to your brand’s reputation.
What other training do we offer?