Package Design by Prohibition
A well-designed package not only catches the eye of potential buyers but also communicates the brand’s message and values.
Our team of experienced designers and marketers work together to create packaging that not only looks and feels great but also drives sales.
Why is Package Design Important?
Packaging is often the first point of contact between a customer and a product. It is the first thing that a customer sees when they walk into a store, browse online or purchase a product. Well-designed packaging can make a product stand out from the competition and attract potential buyers. It can also communicate the brand‘s message and values, creating a connection with the customer.
Good package design can also help to build brand recognition. Consistent packaging design across all products can help customers to identify a brand quickly and easily. This can lead to increased brand loyalty and repeat purchases.
Brands That Trust Us For Creative
What We Offer
At Prohibition, we offer a range of package design services to meet the needs of our clients.
We use strategic thinking to create a unique brand identity that reflects your values and message. This includes creating a logo, colour scheme, and typography that will be used across all packaging and marketing materials.
Branding and Packaging Design
Our team of designers create packaging that is not only visually appealing but also functional. We take into account the product’s size, shape, and materials to create packaging that protects the product and makes it easy to use.
We create labels that are eye-catching and informative. Our labels include all the necessary information about the product, such as ingredients, nutritional information, and usage instructions.
We create prototypes of the packaging to ensure that it meets the client’s needs and is functional. This allows us to make any necessary changes before the final product is produced.
We work with our clients to produce the final packaging. We ensure that the packaging is produced to the highest quality standards and is delivered on time.
Why Choose Prohibition?
We’ve designed packaging for the fastest-growing drink brand in the U.S., C4 Energy, for their new range of pre-workout shots, pre-workout cans, and a brand stand. C4 is known for colourful and igniting content, and our package designs certainly reflect that, as they will do with yours!
We have a team of creative individuals who are passionate about design, and always looking for new and innovative ways to create packaging that is both visually appealing and functional. We pay attention to every detail when creating packaging, from the colour scheme to the typography, we ensure that every element of the packaging is perfect for you. Contact us today to get started!
What brands trust us for creative?
A wide range of brands use us for our branding services, from small businesses to global brands. Iconic brands including Fentimans, Interflora, and Barbour already trust our creative expertise and production.
So, take it from our lovely clients that we’re ready to make you a visual masterpiece and create a package design that really makes a positive difference to your marketing.
What other areas of design are we specialised in?
Our skilled team is also equipped to do design projects across web design, animations, exhibition designs, OOH advertising, and more. We’re your go-to branding and design agency for whatever your project may be!
Our Latest Work
What makes a good packaging design?
Here are some key elements that make a good packaging design:
- Clear Communication: The packaging design should clearly communicate what the product is, what it does, and why it is better than its competitors. It should also include any relevant information such as ingredients, usage instructions, and warnings.
- Eye-catching design: Your products need to be visually appealing to stand out on the shelves. This can be achieved through the use of bold colours, unique shapes, and interesting textures.
- Brand Consistency: Packaging design should be consistent with the brand’s overall identity, including the logo, colour palette, and typography. This helps customers recognise the brand and build trust with it.
- Functional Design: Packaging should be functional and easy to use. It should protect the product during transportation and storage, and be easy to open and close.
- Sustainability: Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of environmental issues, and many are looking for products with sustainable packaging. A good packaging design should take this into account and use eco-friendly materials wherever possible.
- Market Research: Market research should be carried out before designing packaging in order to find out what the target audience identifies with most, their needs, and preferences. This helps ensure that it is appealing to the right people and stands out from the competition.
We will incorporate all of these elements into your packaging design, to create a product that stands out from your competitors and attracts the most attention.
Why is packaging design important for brand identity?
- Brand recognition: Packaging design helps to create brand recognition. When your product is placed on a shelf with other products, it should be easily recognisable. A well-designed package can help to differentiate your product from competitors and make it stand out.
- Consumer perception: The packaging design can influence consumer perception of your product. A well-designed package can create a positive impression of your brand and increase the likelihood of purchase.
- Communication: Packaging design is a way to communicate information about your product to consumers. Important information such as ingredients, nutritional value, and usage instructions can be displayed on the package.
- Protection: Packaging not only protects the product during transportation and storage but also protects the brand reputation. If a product arrives damaged or in poor condition, consumers may associate this with poor quality or lack of care from the brand.
- Marketing tool: Packaging design can be used as a marketing tool to promote your brand. It can be used to showcase your brand’s personality, values, and story. A unique and eye-catching design can attract attention and encourage consumers to learn more about your brand.
What design tools do we use?
- Adobe Illustrator: Illustrator is a vector-based design program widely used for creating packaging designs. It offers powerful tools for drawing, creating shapes, and applying colours and gradients. Illustrator is ideal for creating precise and scalable designs, including logos, labels, and packaging dielines.
- Adobe Photoshop: Photoshop is a raster-based image editing software that is often used in conjunction with Illustrator. It is useful for editing product photos, creating textures, applying special effects, and retouching images that will be incorporated into packaging designs.
- Adobe InDesign: InDesign is a layout design software commonly used for designing multi-page documents, such as packaging mock-ups, brochures, or catalogues. It allows for precise placement of text, images, and other elements, making it suitable for creating packaging prototypes and assembling artwork.
- Figma: Figma is a cloud-based design and prototyping tool that enables collaborative and interactive interface design. With Figma, designers can create designs for websites, mobile apps, and other digital interfaces. It offers a wide range of design tools and features, including vector editing, layout grids, interactive components, and animation capabilities.
- Blender: Blender is a powerful open-source 3D creation suite that offers a wide range of features for modelling, animation, rendering, and more. With Blender, users can create 3D models from scratch or import existing models in various formats. It provides a comprehensive set of modelling tools, allowing users to sculpt, texture, and manipulate objects in a virtual 3D environment.
The choice of design tools depend on the specific requirements of the project, the designer’s preference, and the desired output format. Our designers may also combine multiple tools to achieve the best results, leveraging the unique strengths of each software.
What types of product packaging are there?
- Primary Packaging: This refers to the immediate packaging that directly contains the product. It is the packaging that consumers interact with and typically includes items like bottles, boxes, tubes, cans, blister packs, and sachets.
- Secondary Packaging: This type of packaging is used to group and protect multiple primary packages. It may include cardboard boxes, shrink wrap, cartons, or trays. Secondary packaging often includes branding elements and additional product information.
- Tertiary Packaging: Tertiary packaging is designed to protect and facilitate the transportation of multiple secondary packages. It includes pallets, crates, and large containers used for shipping and handling in bulk quantities.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging: With growing environmental concerns, eco-friendly packaging designs have gained popularity. They focus on using sustainable materials, reducing waste, and promoting recyclability or compostability. Examples include biodegradable containers, minimalist packaging, and recycled materials.
- Promotional Packaging: This is designed to enhance product visibility, attract attention, and promote sales. It often includes eye-catching graphics, special offers, limited editions, or gift sets to encourage consumer engagement and increase brand awareness.
- Functional Packaging: This focuses on usability and convenience. It may include features like resealable closures, easy-open tabs, portion control, or single-serve packaging to improve the product’s functionality and user experience.
These are just a few examples of packaging design types. Different products and industries may have unique packaging needs that require customised designs.
What is the typical packaging design process?
Collaboration, iteration, and adherence to brand guidelines are crucial throughout the process. The goal is to create packaging that effectively communicates the brand, appeals to the target audience, meets functional requirements, and enhances the overall product experience.
What are our packaging design costs?
We can also work on a project-only basis, if that meets your brief better than a rolling contract. We pride ourselves on high quality products and bespoke packaging design.