Boasting three universities and numerous colleges, Leeds is home to thousands of students. As they returned to the city for a new academic year, we helped our client, and leading leisure destination, The Light, welcome them back with an exclusive event, The Student Hub.
Open for business for two days during Fresher’s Week, The Hub was a zone of fun and freebies from the centre and its tenants. Students could ‘tweet for treats’ at the exclusive tweet shop, browse a variety of pop-up shops, exhibit their talents at an open mic session, get medical and fitness advice, and take on an fitness challenge.
The popular online news site, Student Wire also blogged live from The Student Hub – showcasing exactly what the centre has to offer the city’s student population, and beyond.
Aiming to raise awareness of the centre with a student audience, and drive on and offline conversation, The Student Hub was buzzing for the whole two days. The dedicated hashtag reached more than a million people across, there were spikes in engagement across The Light’s social channels, its online community grew significantly and student footfall improved by 30 per cent. It certainly shaped up to be a major event in the Freshers’ calendar.
- Ephemeral social media and the Present Hedonistic: are teens hardwired to social media stories? - November 5, 2018
- Prohibition delivers ‘unexpected’ campaign for national estate and lettings agent, Your Move - November 1, 2018
- Interflora celebrate ‘everyday love’ in major new integrated campaign - October 31, 2018
- How to work with online influencers - January 5, 2018
- Facebook to make brand’s advertising spend visible (blame the Russians) - January 2, 2018
- Welcoming students to Leeds with The Light - October 23, 2015
- Forget locally sourced, it’s all about “super locally” sourced with new Arc Inspirations bar - October 5, 2015
- Key trends at #E3 2015 Day Zero - June 17, 2015
- Bringing a taste of New York to Leeds - December 9, 2014
- 5 tips to keeping your Facebook content fresh - January 23, 2014