Ever wondered what it would be like if you could record your dreams?
That’s exactly what we did with our new client, the leading bed manufacturer, Sealy, with what is sure to become the must-have gadget of the year: a piece of wearable technology that records and plays back a user’s dreams in the morning.
Launching on April 1st (can you see where we’re going with this?), the Sealy Neuro-Corder™, is thought to be a world-first, and operates through a unique biosensor headband that tracks a user’s brain signals while they sleep, before transmitting them via Bluetooth to a special smartphone app.
Users are then able to scroll through their dreams when they wake up – which are reimagined as detailed colour images – with the option to post their favourites to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. While Neuro-corder™ is currently limited to static images, developments are in place that will see user’s dreams replicated in high definition video, later in the year.
The app will be equipped with special security settings to ensure ‘inappropriate’ dreams or those containing sexually explicit content are not accidently viewed by partners or family members.
Neuro-Corder™ will not be made available as a stand-alone product, but instead will be included with all Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid beds.
Sure, it’s an April Fool’s stunt, but it secured more than 15 pieces of media coverage including national, trade and regional press.
- PROHIBITION BRINGS THE GIFT OF GIVING TO LIFE IN GOLDSMITHS CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN - November 19, 2018
- A video Introduction to Leeds Content Marketing Agency Prohibition - October 18, 2018
- PR Account Manager Leeds Job Vacancy - July 9, 2018
- Seven Ways to Get a Job In PR, Even with No Experience - July 3, 2018
- Community management – why social media has to be more than just posting - July 1, 2018
- Is Facebook about to kill organic reach for brand pages? - December 22, 2017
- Prohibition wins the CIPR’s Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy 2017-18 - December 4, 2017
- Leeds PR Agency is looking for a PR Executive – is it you? - April 17, 2017
- Live stream revolution: Twitter embeds periscope – what will it mean? - January 3, 2017
- A new social media timeline for 2017 - November 8, 2016