Hot on the heels of our successful Verses for my Valentine campaign, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve been working with international flower brand, Interflora yet again – this time we’ve been helping the brand celebrate Mother’s Day.
Tasked with implementing a multi-stranded, integrated communications campaign to recognise the hard work mums do for their families on a daily basis, we created a delicate mix of social media engagement, traditional media relations, SEO, blogger and influencer relations, as well as a series of strategic content marketing initiatives.
Here’s some of what we did…
We questioned British mums to find out how long they spend doing different ‘mum jobs’ each week (cooking, cleaning, driving, teaching etc). We then used their responses to calculate what the average British mum would earn if motherhood was a profession – a massive £172,000 for 119 hours work a week!
We kicked off the campaign with a spoof job advertisement in The Times, which got people talking, both on and offline including, unfortunately, the infamous Katie Hopkins, which you can read what she said for yourself here.
We also engaged with experts and online influencers asking them to tell us what made a mum a Super mum you can watch our highlights video here.
The whole campaign directed people back to a dedicated microsite which we helped to design and build: www.interflora.co.uk/supermum. The microsite is packed with useful content and also lets mums work out their own mum salary using our bespoke app, the mum salary calculator, they can then share that with their friends.
All of our activity is aimed at creating genuine conversation (currently measuring this with social media monitoring tools) around the brilliant hard work mums do in homes all across the UK every single day.
- PR Account Manager Leeds Job Vacancy - July 9, 2018
- Seven Ways to Get a Job In PR, Even with No Experience - July 3, 2018
- Is Facebook about to kill organic reach for brand pages? - December 22, 2017
- Prohibition wins the CIPR’s Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy 2017-18 - December 4, 2017
- Leeds PR Agency Prohibition PR is looking for a PR Executive – is it you? - April 17, 2017
- Live stream revolution: Twitter embeds periscope – what will it mean? - January 3, 2017
- A new social media timeline for 2017 - November 8, 2016
- Prohibition Agrees Strategic Partnership With World Class Social Media Platform - October 12, 2016
- Prohibition helps Interflora celebrate the best birthday ever! (video) - July 28, 2016
- Students and social media: how do millennials really use social? - June 1, 2016