This week has been really rather busy at Prohibition HQ, with the phones ringing off the hook. Following on from our integrated campaign late last year with Interflora in which we discovered the best and worst times of year to celebrate your birthday (Daily Mail), we used the trusty Birthday calculator app we created to help identify the very best date, which was found to be today! (July 28th)
Tasked by the client with highlighting this special day in July, we commissioned some social media listening to identify insights and decided to deliver an experiential stunt to raise awareness and share the love. We identified one lucky Interflora customer from their database whose birthday actually fell today, before planning a very special birthday celebration which took military style organisation.
Katy, who turns 29 today, was given a surprise of epic proportions in her hometown of Southampton. A surprise dance and fairy tale themed flash mob greeted her with a specially designed routine. This was followed with her fiancé, a serving marine who had been away on active duty, appearing in a stunning fairy-tale style horse-drawn carriage. Her fiancee presented her with a beautiful bouquet and then whisked her away for a special Birthday afternoon tea with thirty of her friends to celebrate properly.
You can find the full video of our stunt below or read more about it on our campaign microsite. Here’s a mention of it in The Metro, it’s also been in today’s The Sun, Telegraph, Irish World and loads of more media we are just glad it all went smoothly.
A very happy birthday to Katy from all of us here in the Prohibition team. I hope everyone involved had a brilliant day and it was brilliant to see months of planning in action.
I have cross posted this on my own blog too here.
- PROHIBITION BRINGS THE GIFT OF GIVING TO LIFE IN GOLDSMITHS CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN - November 19, 2018
- A video Introduction to Leeds Content Marketing Agency Prohibition - October 18, 2018
- PR Account Manager Leeds Job Vacancy - July 9, 2018
- Seven Ways to Get a Job In PR, Even with No Experience - July 3, 2018
- Community management – why social media has to be more than just posting - July 1, 2018
- Is Facebook about to kill organic reach for brand pages? - December 22, 2017
- Prohibition wins the CIPR’s Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy 2017-18 - December 4, 2017
- Leeds PR Agency is looking for a PR Executive – is it you? - April 17, 2017
- Live stream revolution: Twitter embeds periscope – what will it mean? - January 3, 2017
- A new social media timeline for 2017 - November 8, 2016