Black Sheep Brewery, based in Masham, North Yorkshire, is an award-winning brewery that champions quality Yorkshire beer.
In August, Black Sheep unveiled a new beer ‘Burrow’s Blonde’ in support of rugby league legend and Yorkshire born Rob Burrow MBE. 10 pence from every pint would be supporting the Rob Burrow 7 Discretionary Trust and the Rob Burrow Racing Club.
Prohibition was briefed to launch the beer through an exclusive event at Black Sheep’s brewery in Masham. This included driving press attendance to the launch and generating media coverage following the event, as well as shooting and compiling compelling video content for the brewery’s website and social channels.
- Media relations: Press were exclusively invited to the event in Masham the week prior via a branded invite. Leeds-based media titles received sample drops directly their offices.
- Press office: PPR drafted press releases and issued immediately after the event (whilst to all relevant media titles and categories).
- Creative: We created a tailored storyboard and organised filming on the day to create compelling video and photography content for Black Sheep’s social channels.
- Social media: PPR compiled a social toolkit to send to guests’ post-event to generate noise around Burrow’s Blonde. This included suggested social captions and event imagery.
The success of our drink PR approach was evidenced by:
- 44 pieces of coverage in total reaching 14.6M – including the Daily Express, Daily Star, Yorkshire Post and BBC Radio York
- Trade order for Wigan Warriors secured following press coverage
- Mentions were up 274% compared to the previous period
- Burrow’s Blonde becoming Black Sheep’s fastest ever selling bottle