Despite being home to ‘England’s finest view’, the North York Moors National Park has nearly half as many visitors than the Lake District.
Prohibition was appointed to deliver an influencer campaign that would help spread awareness of the park, drive visits and encourage bookings from a wider and more diverse audience, helping more people to discover the beauty of this underrated National Park.
The target audience for the campaign was older, female, millennials, from urban areas, including BAME representation.
Pre-campaign insight discovered this audience highly valued experiences and opinions of influencers. Our ‘Time for You’ campaign would emphasise the breadth of activities on offer at the park – focusing on the unusual and unique – through creative and influencer content.
Our creative and strategic health PR approach engaged our audience by:
- Using relevant influencers to showcase the destination as a year-round option
- Inspire and educate target audiences on what is available within the National Park – ultimately driving traffic and bookings to the website
- Integrate responsible tourism messaging into all activity
The result was an award-winning CIPR 2022 campaign, winning ‘Regional Campaign of the Year’ – and achieving the following results:
- 22 pieces of influencer content created across social media and blogs (including 40% from diverse backgrounds)
- 252K people reached in the target audience
- Uplift in partner bookings to the park via website
- 5 times higher engagement on influencer content than the industry average