Thaikhun Restaurant is part of the Thai Leisure Group, with 17 restaurants across 3 brands in the UK.
Prohibition was briefed to drive awareness of Thaikhun Restaurant amongst students during Fresher’s Week – focussing on three key locations; Manchester, Oxford and Cambridge.
Due to the nature and competitive space of Fresher’s Week, we knew something visual was required to lure students in. So, we created a promotional event, that was supported with PR, social media and creative content, to help drive footfall and overall brand awareness.
Government student loans leave many students with stretched living (party) budgets, so we planned a strategic campaign that would offer an incentive they couldn’t refuse.
- We carried out press activity in the run-up and during Freshers Week inviting students to visit Thaikhun and receive a free meal, as well as sharing information on their ongoing dining offers for students
- To drive footfall on the day, we hired an authentic tuktuk mini-van to drive around the city and take students from the campus to the restaurant – so they could try out the food for themselves (students love a freebie)
- To position Thaikhun as the ‘go-to’ restaurant for students, we supported the campaign with a range of pre-promotion photography and video content for organic social and targeted paid activity to spread further brand awareness
- 33M people reached via press coverage
- 95K people reached via paid ads
- 248 student sign ups
- 21 pieces of media coverage – including Yahoo News, MSN, Manchester Evening News and many more