Keeping up with Facebook’s ever-changing algorithms and ensuring you’re not only delivering the right kind of content for your audience but posting at the right times isn’t always the easiest of tasks, but we’re here to break it all down to help you really crack social media content on Facebook. Here are our top five tips to help with maximising Facebook engagement.
Tap into the right times to post
It’s true for pretty much any social media platform, but you really should be doing your research into the right times to post as a first step in planning your social media outreach. Knowing when your followers are most likely to be online and making sure you hit these key target windows will certainly help the reach of your content, and therefore the likelihood of greater engagement. According to data from Sprout Social the best times to post globally are:
- Best times to post to Facebook: Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Best day: Wednesday is the best day to post on Facebook.
- Most consistent engagement: Weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Worst day: Sunday has the least amount of engagement for Facebook during the week.
- Lowest engagement: Early mornings and evenings, before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. have the least amount of engagement per day.
Tailor your Facebook content to suit the audience and the platform
Unfortunately, what works for Twitter and Instagram will not translate on Facebook. It’s not only about tailoring your language, but also paying attention to how people are reacting to your content to really understand what’s working and what they’re wanting to see. Whether they’re liking, loving, or sharing or commenting, looking at your own content and analysing the results will give invaluable insight into what you really should be posting.
Try not to keep your content too brand focussed
Your content should be all about your customer base, so it’s important to do your research to understand exactly what they’re into and what will resonate with them – you’re far more likely to see engagement levels on the up if your brand appears relevant and relatable. Tap into current affairs and hijack the news agenda to recreate funny and relevant content, look at current viral posts from which you can take inspiration, but make sure you adopt a level of consistency and stick to a solid brand tone throughout. Consumers are savvier than ever before, and can see straight through an awkwardly placed piece of content or overly-commercial post.
Video really is key when it comes to Facebook content
We feel video deserves a top tip all to itself, due to the sheer importance Facebook places on video content. The average engagement on a video on Facebook is 6.13%, which is almost twice as much as other types of content shared to the channel – so, if you’re not currently using video as part of your social media strategy, particularly for Facebook, then you definitely need to be looking at ways to incorporate it ASAP. You should also explore use of ephemeral content – that’s Facebook stories – in order to drive engagement with content, including hosting livestreams, Q&A sessions, and the opportunity to look behind the scenes of your brand – according to Sprout Social people spend 3x as much time watching a Live video than a pre-record.
Don’t forget to engage with your audience
It’s far too easy for us to schedule a months’ worth of content and proceed to forget about it, but it’s obvious to consumers when a brand isn’t invested in their own content or their audience – how can you expect social media users to engage with your content if you’re not engaging with others? Don’t forget to monitor inboxes and comments and respond where appropriate, and make sure you’re regularly liking, commenting and sharing other user’s content proactively to really up your Facebook presence.
If you’re interested in delivering successful social media marketing, you can always get in touch with us. We help and assist brands in all sectors with their social media channels, creating engaging content and devising strategies that helps brands with their goals and to reach their target audience. Get in touch today to find out more!
- Top five tips to improve Facebook engagement - December 13, 2019
- Breaking the cycle of illiteracy with Emerald Publishing - November 19, 2019
- Our 8 step-approach to nailing your content marketing strategy - October 28, 2019
- Sealy makes ‘Dream come true’ for Wigan Warriors superfan - October 1, 2019
- Sealy scores with new partnership deal kick-off - March 20, 2019
- Goldsmiths 2019 bridal campaign – The Perfect Match - January 31, 2019
- The dying art of media relations, how can PRs remain relevant despite the changing media space? - November 23, 2018
- We’re in the top 20 PR agencies in the North! - November 2, 2018