Check out this infographic from digital agency Raka Creative which has been created from data collated from link sharing service Bitly. No surprises that it is pretty much pointless sharing content after 3pm on a Friday afternoon although I tend to think this is the time when the most banter is had on that platform. Nobody mentions Google+ probably due to the fact we are only reportedly spending 3 minutes a month on it anyway, it’s become a bit of a social media ghost town that everyone knows they should be in but can’t be bothered to visit.
Raka says on its blog:
This handy infographic highlights bitly’s data on the best times to share content on Twitter or Facebook if you’re looking to drive traffic to your site (or any site). Bitly found the best times to tweet for click-throughs are early afternoon Monday – Thursday, while Facebook content posted Wednesday at 3 p.m. generates the highest click-through rates, according to bitly’s data.
I also think the fact that Facebook traffic fades after 4pm is interesting. Really? I find that most of my friends are updating on an evening these days due to the use of tablet and mobile devices and that is where Facebook’s strategy is rightly headed. I think maybe the corporate users are on Facebook but the people looking to engage and have fun are probably doing so in the comfort of their own homes whilst watching their favourite TV show and wrongly using #hashtags (plug for a recent article sorry couldn’t resist.
I think Facebook’s Edgerank has a big part in playing what appears when and where and who actually has the ability to see it – the rule of amusing pictures and videos still seems to rule the day though!
- PROHIBITION BRINGS THE GIFT OF GIVING TO LIFE IN GOLDSMITHS CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN - November 19, 2018
- A video Introduction to Leeds Content Marketing Agency Prohibition - October 18, 2018
- PR Account Manager Leeds Job Vacancy - July 9, 2018
- Seven Ways to Get a Job In PR, Even with No Experience - July 3, 2018
- Is Facebook about to kill organic reach for brand pages? - December 22, 2017
- Prohibition wins the CIPR’s Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy 2017-18 - December 4, 2017
- Leeds PR Agency Prohibition PR is looking for a PR Executive – is it you? - April 17, 2017
- Live stream revolution: Twitter embeds periscope – what will it mean? - January 3, 2017
- A new social media timeline for 2017 - November 8, 2016
- Prohibition Agrees Strategic Partnership With World Class Social Media Platform - October 12, 2016