About four months ago we ran a strategic social media audit and workshop for them and created an online strategy which included launching the alternative Christmas track competition, which has been a lot of fun to run and organise albeit very busy.
In the last few months we have received a huge number of musical entries from all across the world varying in quality and genre. The original aim of the campaign was to seek out fun and vibrant alternatives to Christmas carols and songs and help people to get creative. We launched it using the brand’s Facebook and Twitter channels and a social media news release. Entrants each had to submit their video entries via YouTube but for doing so they received a free pair of headphones for their user generated content.
If you want to see all of the entries you can see them here on this playlist.
The music competition wasn’t restricted to any particular type of music so bands, DJs or music producers from any genre had the opportunity to show off their talent. The entries have been judged by Grammy & Brit award-winning record producer Steve Levine.
My personal favourite is the third one down James Bullen’s entry which samples Jingle Bells nicely.
You can vote for your favourite video by clicking on the online poll we have created below. The winner will be announced on Thursday 23rd December.
The lucky winner receives £500 worth of Audio-Technica equipment and the five runners-up will scoop prizes of £100 worth of equipment each.
- Training in the fast lane at Camp Hill - May 29, 2018
- A day in the life of…. - November 30, 2017
- Facebook has announced some exciting new features and we can’t wait to try them out… - May 18, 2017
- The Top 10 Sports Stars on Social Media – and Who You Should Be Following - May 4, 2017
- New kid on the block – Prohibition reveals all about its newest recruit… - February 15, 2017
- The Top Social Media Mistakes of 2013 - December 19, 2013
- Social Media Fail Examples - December 5, 2013
- Five social media mistakes you should avoid - December 2, 2013
- Five must have tools for content marketing - November 27, 2013
- IS IT GOODBYE FOR FACEBOOK? - November 18, 2013