With the news that the vast majority of digital marketers are forecasting that their budgets will grow significantly this year, it seems that companies are finally understanding how vital it is to have a strategic marketing method to be used online.
Research in the US, carried out by Best Practices, LLC found that, from a study of 44 Digital Marketing firms, at least 72% predicted that their levels of online marketing would increase by at least 10% in the next year. This is a trend that mirrors this country, where it was recently announced that companies spent £800 million on Online Marketing alone last year. Such a large sum is only set to increase, with companies being urged to use social media as a way to market themselves in 2013.
Writing on the topic, PRnewswire.com said that “Digital Marketing technologies are transforming the commercial marketplace – challenging companies to develop new marketing skills and employ a broad range of new tools and techniques to engage customers.” As the new technologies are beginning to be used by more and more companies, those who are not yet doing so risk falling behind their rivals.
As a company that knows about online marketing, we at Prohibition PR are aware that some companies may struggle to understand how to market themselves well, that is is difficult to run social media channels and online marketing tactics, which is where we can help.
Eileen Brown, a social media consultant, said that “Whatever you do, do not ignore this sea change. It is now time for your business to evolve and embrace social media – or be left behind to fossilise.” This view is one that we agree with. Companies need to take this next step by marketing themselves online, or else they will lose out on the undoubted benefits that it can bring, such as increased SEO and the ability to interact with customers.
With digital marketing becoming such a vast resource for companies to use in order to promote themselves and interact with customers, it falls to agencies who specialise in the practice, such as ourselves, to instruct corporations on how to maximise their marketing potential online.
What do you think to the fact that companies are increasing their levels of online marketing? Drop us a comment, all feedback will be much appreciated.
- New kid on the block – Prohibition reveals all about its newest recruit… - February 15, 2017
- The Top Social Media Mistakes of 2013 - December 19, 2013
- Social Media Fail Examples - December 5, 2013
- Five social media mistakes you should avoid - December 2, 2013
- Five must have tools for content marketing - November 27, 2013
- IS IT GOODBYE FOR FACEBOOK? - November 18, 2013
- Leeds: Creative Agencies in abundance - November 6, 2013
- Did Michael O’Leary go too far in unmoderated Twitter stunt? - October 25, 2013
- Top Tips: Advanced community management Seminar - September 25, 2013
- SEO vs. Social Media - August 5, 2013