I was tweeted this morning by my good friend Adrian Johnson who was recently inspired by the PR Week Power Player list which is based on the original PR Week Social Media Power Players list. The PR Week list has been created by Andrew Bruce Smith and Adrian decided to create his own list of PR power players in Yorkshire and amazingly somehow little old me has come out as the number one.
Now I would like to think this is down to my own ingrained natural writing talent and my enigmatic personality but it’s probably luck and the fact I have been twittering too much and for too long. There are a lot of people in these lists that I really respect and it’s nice to be mentioned in the same breath.
Someone who I respect greatly is Brian Solis who commented on Klout today saying: Klout measures social capital not influence!
Both of these Twitter sites give you an overall score as to how influential you are. Peer Index is a rather prettier tool that also allows you to add all of your friends or peers and create a table and we all know how much we love a good table. I joked with Adrian that I am going to write up my top ten tables on the blog next week.
I actually wrote a blog post way back in February 2009 on the top Twitter users in Yorkshire using a tool called Twitterholic –this was purely based on a follower number basis and it is interesting to see how things have changed in just a couple of years.
These lists, although interesting, aren’t entirely accurate and are often focussed around how many people follow you and how many tweets you have written. A list of people on Twitter doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best PRs in Yorkshire. I know a lot of very good PR people in the region that still don’t even use it despite me pecking at them. So I will enjoy my 15 minutes of fame until 5pm when someone better knocks me off my perch.
- The shape of content in 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Six social media trends in 60-seconds - January 24, 2020
- Ephemeral social media and the Present Hedonistic: are teens hardwired to social media stories? - November 5, 2018
- Prohibition delivers ‘unexpected’ campaign for national estate and lettings agent, Your Move - November 1, 2018
- Interflora celebrate ‘everyday love’ in major new integrated campaign - October 31, 2018
- How to work with online influencers - January 5, 2018
- Facebook to make brand’s advertising spend visible (blame the Russians) - January 2, 2018
- Welcoming students to Leeds with The Light - October 23, 2015
- Forget locally sourced, it’s all about “super locally” sourced with new Arc Inspirations bar - October 5, 2015
- Key trends at #E3 2015 Day Zero - June 17, 2015