I was tweeted this morning by my good friend Adrian Johnson who was recently inspired by the PR Week Power Player list which is based on the original PR Week Social Media Power Players list. The PR Week list has been created by Andrew Bruce Smith and Adrian decided to create his own list of PR power players in Yorkshire and amazingly somehow little old me has come out as the number one.
Now I would like to think this is down to my own ingrained natural writing talent and my enigmatic personality but it’s probably luck and the fact I have been twittering too much and for too long. There are a lot of people in these lists that I really respect and it’s nice to be mentioned in the same breath.
I managed to secure 25th in the PR Week UK list too which I thought wasn’t too bad either. Both lists have been compiled using a twitter tool called Peer Index which is a direct competitor to Klout.
Someone who I respect greatly is Brian Solis who commented on Klout today saying: Klout measures social capital not influence!
Both of these Twitter sites give you an overall score as to how influential you are. Peer Index is a rather prettier tool that also allows you to add all of your friends or peers and create a table and we all know how much we love a good table. I joked with Adrian that I am going to write up my top ten tables on the blog next week.
I actually wrote a blog post way back in February 2009 on the top Twitter users in Yorkshire using a tool called Twitterholic –this was purely based on a follower number basis and it is interesting to see how things have changed in just a couple of years.
These lists, although interesting, aren’t entirely accurate and are often focussed around how many people follow you and how many tweets you have written. A list of people on Twitter doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best PRs in Yorkshire. I know a lot of very good PR people in the region that still don’t even use it despite me pecking at them. So I will enjoy my 15 minutes of fame until 5pm when someone better knocks me off my perch.
- PROHIBITION BRINGS THE GIFT OF GIVING TO LIFE IN GOLDSMITHS CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN - November 19, 2018
- A video Introduction to Leeds Content Marketing Agency Prohibition - October 18, 2018
- PR Account Manager Leeds Job Vacancy - July 9, 2018
- Seven Ways to Get a Job In PR, Even with No Experience - July 3, 2018
- Is Facebook about to kill organic reach for brand pages? - December 22, 2017
- Prohibition wins the CIPR’s Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy 2017-18 - December 4, 2017
- Leeds PR Agency Prohibition PR is looking for a PR Executive – is it you? - April 17, 2017
- Live stream revolution: Twitter embeds periscope – what will it mean? - January 3, 2017
- A new social media timeline for 2017 - November 8, 2016
- Prohibition Agrees Strategic Partnership With World Class Social Media Platform - October 12, 2016