Prohibition PR is a specialist PR agency which advises businesses of all sizes on how to use public relations and social media effectively. As a Yorkshire based business we cover the ever-changing public relations, marketing and digital sectors. Our objective is to help companies, of any size, communicate more effectively both online and offline.
As a business we help our clients engage online properly raising their profiles and in-turn improving their overall business performance. Although we are thoroughly focused on online communications, we hold the strong belief that the strategic discipline of public relations should be engrained in all of our team. We firmly believe that a company which has a team of experienced public relations practitioners is always best placed to advise and engage with these new and evolving communities.
Our team is made up of leading specialists in their relevant fields. We have industry specialists in web design, web development, business development, search engine optimisation, digital marketing and online word of mouth.
Our managing director, Chris Norton, is an award-winning public relations practitioner, with more than ten years’ experience in the PR industry having worked both in-house and in a number of consultancies. He is listed in the UK’s top 15 PR bloggers and his blog posts and articles on social media have appeared in a variety of marketing titles such as PR Week and Revolution. You can check out his blog Norton’s Notes here: www.chrisnorton.biz.
Prior to working as Head of Campaign Strategy at his previous employer, Chris worked at one of country’s largest national consultancies where he was responsible for planning, directing and delivering a variety of public relations programmes for clients including the Institute of Directors, Land Rover, Learning & Skills Council, Lloyds TSB autolease, Camelot, Bradford Council, Leeds Chamber of Commerce, Department of Culture, Media and Sport, Home Office, Mitchell’s & Butlers and several projects for BT. He was also seconded to work in Learndirect Business’ marketing team to help set-up an in house role.
Most recently he has directed a large social marketing project for the NHS and been heavily involved in traditional PR and social media campaigns for a variety of clients. Some of the latest campaigns he has been involved with include projects for Sony Ericsson, Phillips, SOTO, Fronter, NHS, 4X Currency Corporation, 186K Ltd and energywatch. In January 2009, his team won the CIPR’s Grand Prix award for Outstanding Small Consultancy of the Year.
- Training in the fast lane at Camp Hill - May 29, 2018
- A day in the life of…. - November 30, 2017
- Facebook has announced some exciting new features and we can’t wait to try them out… - May 18, 2017
- The Top 10 Sports Stars on Social Media – and Who You Should Be Following - May 4, 2017
- New kid on the block – Prohibition reveals all about its newest recruit… - February 15, 2017
- The Top Social Media Mistakes of 2013 - December 19, 2013
- Social Media Fail Examples - December 5, 2013
- Five social media mistakes you should avoid - December 2, 2013
- Five must have tools for content marketing - November 27, 2013
- IS IT GOODBYE FOR FACEBOOK? - November 18, 2013