Prohibition was briefed by Leeds-based shopping centre, The Light, to develop a ‘pop-up bar’ concept that would drive footfall, and help in repositioning it as a highly relevant, forward-thinking entertainment venue in the city where visitors can enjoy food and drink-related experiences
Based on the target audience insight generated in the planning phase, Prohibition developed a Game of Thrones themed pop-up bar: “Starks Tavern” – which would feature one of the key elements of the show: the actual ‘throne’ itself.
To tap into young Leeds professionals, Prohibition co-ordinated real-life ‘direwolf’ visits to offices in the city centre, in exchange for a Tweet, using the campaign #hashtag. This would run on the day of the launch only to capitalise on the post-work footfall. All activity was filmed, with extensive online seeding and distribution.
- Footfall to the bar on opening night totalled 800 – 120% more than anticipated, based on usual levels on a Friday.
- The Light revealed that takings from the first night alone exceeded expectations by more than 50%. Takings on launch night alone offset the majority of the campaign investment.
- The campaign genuinely drove online conversation and excitement, with #TheLight ‘trending’ in Leeds, while social media engagement levels increased by 408%
Latest posts by Chris Norton (see all)
- Leeds PR Account Manager Job Vacancy - April 29, 2017
- Leeds PR Agency Prohibition PR is looking for a PR Executive – is it you? - April 17, 2017
- Live stream revolution: Twitter embeds periscope – what will it mean? - January 3, 2017