After celebrating a record year that has seen us double in size and move to larger office we’re now happy to announce the appointment of our new board director.
Following a number of new high profile business wins, including the UK’s largest wholesaler of floristry supplies and artificial flowers, Country Baskets, and national market leader in sustainable housing, Keepmoat Homes, our team has doubled in size to eight.
This includes the appointment of Will Ockenden as board director. Will previously ran the Sydney office of Leeds-based PR and social media agency, Lucre, and prior to that worked at a senior agency level in Leeds. He will be responsible for developing our professional services and B2B offering.
Will is also set to work on commercialising our self-published online student magazine, Student Wire, which is currently the third-largest magazine of its kind in the UK, with more than 60,000 readers. The magazine forms the core of our growing student and youth marketing division.
Other key hires to our team include Rebecca Wharmby, former PR executive at Disney who joins as account executive and Adam Worrall, a professional journalist, as content manager. This month has also seen us relocate to our new, larger office, based in Chapel Allerton.
Our managing director Chris Norton, said of the growth: “The last 12-months have been extremely eventful; we have achieved real success when it comes to delivering non-traditional PR services such as content marketing, online influencer engagement and social media eCommerce services. As such we have experienced strong growth, and have invested heavily in people and technology to ensure we continue to deliver outstanding work. We won the Best Use of Digital Award in November and we plan to enter several of our campaigns this year too. Working jointly with Will, I’m confident we will continue to grow, and offer something genuinely different in a busy market.”
- Prohibition scoops an impressive eight CIPR Pride Awards - December 15, 2019
- Social ad best practice – five things you’re doing wrong and why - January 5, 2019
- BY ORDER OF THE PEAKY BLINDERS… - May 24, 2018
- Prohibition Pirate Takeover - July 5, 2017
- Lighting up Leeds Lifestyle Awards - October 19, 2016
- The real winners of New York Fashion Week F/W 2016 - February 19, 2016
- Five ways Snapchat can benefit brands… - February 15, 2016
- Young’s Hire is tailor-made for Prohibition - January 7, 2015
- 2014 on Social Media: The Prohibition round-up - December 23, 2014
- Pannal Sports scores with Prohibition sponsorship - December 1, 2014