A Wakefield based curtain walling and rainscreen cladding specialist has toasted the New Year by scooping more than £2million worth of new manufacturing contracts.
NG Developments (Normanton) Ltd, based in Normanton, Wakefield and one of the UK’s leading specialists in design, manufacturing and installation of architectural aluminium glazing systems and Rainscreen Cladding systems saw exceptional growth in 2010 and in 2011 that has continued to the tune of more than £2million.
The Yorkshire manufacturing business has already secured five new projects and the growing influx of new business has enabled it to go on a major recruitment drive in the last six months, with a full-time receptionist and two new team members joining its installation team adding to the five new staff that joined in 2010.
Adrian Lee, commercial director at NG commented: “There is no doubt we are really happy the way 2011 has started for us, despite the gloomy way the UK economy looks at the moment. The good thing for our business is we now know we have enough work to see us well into the latter stages of this year. However, we still have a number of other exciting projects in the pipeline and we are always looking to win new business and expand even further. As a company we are hoping to create jobs this Spring not cut them.”
One of the projects that NG Developments has been commissioned to work on is a new Travelodge in Manchester working alongside contractor Marcus Worthingtons. This will be NG’s second Travelodge in only three months, as its team is currently putting the finishing touches to another hotel in Hull.
Lee continued: “We are really enjoying ourselves at the moment and looking to the future; as a company we have big plans to grow and develop and these new contracts will help us along that path. Investment in our manufacturing department continues with the purchase of a new Elumatec double-mitre saw, which will help increase overall productivity even further.”
NG Developments will be busy in the coming months helping with the rolling out of two new Building Schools for the Future (BSF) schools across the Sheffield area, the first of is The City School, a contract in excess of £1Million.
It has also landed a new contract to help with the construction of a new Starbucks’ coffee shop and an office block refurbishment in Northampton.
NG Developments is now in contract negations on several other multi-million pound deals planned for the second half of 2011.
Coverage for this story has been secured in several places including here:
- Training in the fast lane at Camp Hill - May 29, 2018
- A day in the life of…. - November 30, 2017
- Facebook has announced some exciting new features and we can’t wait to try them out… - May 18, 2017
- The Top 10 Sports Stars on Social Media – and Who You Should Be Following - May 4, 2017
- New kid on the block – Prohibition reveals all about its newest recruit… - February 15, 2017
- The Top Social Media Mistakes of 2013 - December 19, 2013
- Social Media Fail Examples - December 5, 2013
- Five social media mistakes you should avoid - December 2, 2013
- Five must have tools for content marketing - November 27, 2013
- IS IT GOODBYE FOR FACEBOOK? - November 18, 2013