It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost a year, but we are very excited here at Prohibition to be involved in organising the annual CIPR Pub Quiz, in the memory of an old dear friend, journalist Nigel Scott.
As many of you may know, Nigel, the former business editor at the Yorkshire Evening Post, sadly died of cancer in 2009, and for the last two years our MD, Chris Norton, has organised the quiz event which invites PR consultancies, freelancers and in-house PR teams from across the region to remember Nigel and to raise money for the charities that helped him in his final days.
The previous events have been a great success with more than 200 people attending last year and a fund of £2,000 being raised for the chosen charities – Prince of Wales Hospice, Pontefract and Macmillan Cancer Support. Nigel’s close family attended the previous event and we all look forward to inviting them back again this year too.
After last year’s success, the CIPR has decided to hold the event at Alea Casino at Clarence Dock again and are inviting people from the Leeds PR and Media world to have fun and battle it out for the ultimate title and raise some money for a couple of great causes in the meantime.
The event will be on Thursday 4th October and proceedings will kick off early evening. Tickets are priced at £20 per person, which helps towards the cost of the food – supplied by the award winning James Martin restaurant – and the rest of the proceeds will go to the chosen charities. You have the option to book a table for ten for your group, or a spot just for yourself.
Unfortunately as a team we have never won the quiz, but the Prohibition PR team is already swatting up for success at this year’s event. It would be great to see some new faces this year so why not book yourself a place now: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/3612307509/eorg?ebtv=C
See you there.
- The True Value of Diversity - January 25, 2018
- Top 5 Gluten-Free Bloggers - April 28, 2017
- New kid on the block – Prohibition reveals all about its newest recruit… - February 15, 2017
- The Top Social Media Mistakes of 2013 - December 19, 2013
- Social Media Fail Examples - December 5, 2013
- Five social media mistakes you should avoid - December 2, 2013
- Five must have tools for content marketing - November 27, 2013
- IS IT GOODBYE FOR FACEBOOK? - November 18, 2013
- Leeds: Creative Agencies in abundance - November 6, 2013
- Did Michael O’Leary go too far in unmoderated Twitter stunt? - October 25, 2013