As avid readers of the Prohibition blog will know we are always looking for new talented recruits that are hungry to succeed and develop themselves in a fun and hard working environment. We have a rapidly expanding team of twelve here in Leeds due to a plethora of recent client wins. If you have an interest in all things integrated PR and clever campaigns, then drop us your CV with an email telling us why you think you would suit joining us.
Currently, we are looking for a new account executive and a new account manager you can find out more about that role here.
At Prohibition we pride ourselves on the creativity and knowledge of our staff. We all work as client-facing consultants and so we look for strong people.
Here are our latest job vacancies
PR and Social Media Executive
Apply before 2017-09-13
We are looking for an experienced public relations executive to manage the relationships between our agency and our consumer clients. You will become the face of the company and will be instrumental in enhancing our popularity and trustworthiness. In this Account Executive graduate position, your role will include:
• Establishing an understanding of clients' business objectives and relevant wider industry issues
• Coordinating PR programmes to support clients' business objectives
• Developing working relationships with clients, media, and other advisers
• Drafting and editing press releases and articles
• Promoting news stories both over the phone and in person to relevant media
• Liaising with advisers to discuss PR and social strategies
• Dealing with new business activities
• Collating and analysing media coverage
• Organising meetings and conference calls
• Attending press launches
• Researching the media and conducting background research
While we do ‘the traditional stuff’ very well, we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of what you would expect from a PR and social media agency. So that involves lots of exciting things like online community building, social media listening, brand audits, online crisis management, content marketing and even video making and seeding.
Here’s what we’re after:
We’re looking for someone with a definite interest in all things social media and PR. But more than anything, a hunger to learn and the right attitude is key. We want someone who has their finger firmly on the pulse of digital and PR developments, as well as popular culture.
We’re a growing team that works for some amazing brands. If you’re interested in growing with us, and rolling up your sleeves to get involved in all aspects of our client work then get in touch.
• Be responsible for the day to day tactical activities and delivery of press office items i.e. press releases/case studies/features tracking
• Be responsible for admin issues on the account and employ good filing systems
• Stay on top of coverage at all times (scanning, filing, sending and analysing)
• Demonstrate your ability to identify coverage opportunities and target successfully
• Support your account manager on day to day account activity
• Report back to your team effectively, esp if any delays or problems occur
• Ensure you have excellent time management skills
• Be a ‘news junkie’ – regularly monitor key publications across all clients
• Seek opportunities to build relationships with key media
• Stay on top of core media features tracking
• Demonstrate/develop excellent writing skills
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively across multiple accounts
*The minimum requirement is a degree - BSc/BA in PR, Marketing or a similar field.
*You must have some experience of working in marketing, PR or social media marketing
*Experience as public relations executive or a similar role
*Solid knowledge of social media marketing
*Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable as a public speaker
*Ability to build strong relationships with key people or organisations
*A creative mind partnered with the ability to find the best practical solutions
Expanding PR Team
Our team work hard to deliver award-winning digital PR and social media marketing campaigns. All we want from our newbies is some kind of passion for your role and your work. We’re constantly on the search for the best social media and digital PR account executives, account managers and account directors in the north.
You should have some relevant experience of online PR and/or social media, content creation or community management. Try and make yourself stand out from the pack and give us a reason to call you in for a visit.
I want to work with you…
If you want to know more about working with team Prohibition, drop us a tweet to @prohibitionpr. Or if you can get in touch over e-mail with a note detailing your overwhelming talents (like a covering email, CV, LinkedIn or blog example). Feel free to send your emails to: hireme @ prohibitionpr.co.uk.
We will look forward to hearing from you, good luck.